Coordinator, Community Fundraising
(, 35 hours a week)
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is expanding, and we are looking for a Coordinator, Community Fundraising located in Edmonton, Alberta for a permanent full-time working 35 hours per week.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
MS Bike – Fundraising + Community Relationships
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of MS Bike participants primarily associated with MS Bike – Leduc to Camrose and MS Bike – Hinton with the objective to increase fundraising results, retention rates and ensure participants have an exceptional experience
- Provides exceptional customer service to community fundraising constituents ensuring interactions are tracked in Salesforce
- Monitors the online fundraising system and provides hands-on support to participants
- Leads and is the main contact for the MS Bike – Leduc to Camrose and MS Bike – Hinton volunteer committee providing direction and empowering them in their roles to meet event goals
MS Bike – Planning and Implementation
- · Supports the MS Bike logistics partner and Community Fundraising Manger in the in-person and/or virtual organization and implementation of MS Bike – Leduc to Camrose and MS Bike – Hinton
- · Contributes to the planning and implementation of a nationwide virtual MS Bike online event
- Organizes lists and supplies needed for the MS Bike events and/or other MS Society events
- Required to work evenings and weekends to accommodate volunteer and partner meetings and to attend MS Bike events
Community Fundraising – Other duties
- Supports the recruitment and fundraising efforts of Community Fundraising initiatives within Alberta including but not limited to MS Walk, Savour and We Challenge MS
- Represents the MS Society at several functions (virtually until further notice) to promote MS Bike and other key initiatives of the portfolio
- Takes on other duties as directed by the Community Fundraising Manager
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Is confident, energetic and results oriented
- Has experience and passion for working with fundraising participants, volunteers, and donors
- Is excellent at communicating, both verbally and written
- Thrives in working in a fast-paced professional environment with specific targets
- Has a track record of strong customer service skills and ability to steward participants
- Enjoys working on a team and can build successful working relationships with internal and external partners
- Can always maintain confidentiality, with sensitivity to issues of disability and diversity
- Is flexible and can manage a diverse workload
- Has a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Nicole Gasior at email@example.com by October 29, 2021. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.