Coordinator, Community Operations
(, 35 hours a week)
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is looking for an administrative professional located in Victoria, Burnaby, or Edmonton on a permanent full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We also offer a RRSP matching program. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Year’s Day, but we also have half day Fridays before long weekends! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
- Serving as first point of contact for our national toll-free phone line, email or in person.
- Office coordinator, maintaining equipment and inventories on all office supplies.
- Processing donations, tax receipts and invoices.
- Assisting in data entry, utilizing CRM (Salesforce) and online fundraising system.
- Working with colleagues collaboratively across the organization to provide project support.
- Supporting the MS Society as an ambassador at events. As such, occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Other duties as directed by the Manager, Community Operations
- Responsible for weekly bank deposits.
- Managing mail, both incoming and outgoing.
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills and thrives under pressure?
- Is confident, energetic and results oriented?
- Is proficient with English, both oral and written? French would be an asset!
- Can manage multiple assignments and timelines with meticulous attention to detail?
- Has experience with client databases and Windows 365?
- Displays exceptional work ethic and integrity?
- Enjoys working on a team and can build successful working relationships with internal and external partners?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27th, 2021. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check. This position is also a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of a credit check in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.