Coordinator, Donor Service
(Full-time, 35 hours a week)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2Z5
- Contact: Yana Mendizabal
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is expanding, and we are looking for a Coordinator, Donor Service located in Toronto full-time working 35 hours per week.
The Coordinator, Donor Service is responsible for providing friendly and efficient donor-centred service to current and prospective donors. The Coordinator serves as an ambassador for the MS Society and provides support and resolution to all donor inquiries and correspondence via telephone, mail and email. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, an excellent attention to detail, and the confidence to manage an array of situations in a mature and professional manner.
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Who we are
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We also offer a RRSP matching program. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well. Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
- Responds to donor and prospective donor inquiries in a prompt and professional manner with a high-level of customer service.
- Provides consistent and personal stewardship to the MS Society’s core Monthly Donors and provides stewardship support to the Society’s Research Partners program.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including communications to lapsed monthly and expired credit card donors, merging donor records and cleaning up data, issuing duplicate tax receipts, adjusting monthly giving files, processing one-time donations and In Memory and In Honor donations and card requests.
- Creates, updates and maintains documentation for donor correspondence including donor updates, thank you letters, receipt and emails and provides monthly call tracking reports to senior team members.
- Monitors the MS Society’s donor call centre and processes and investigates the daily exception package and call centre exceptions, coordinating with other departments as required.
- Enters data from donor satisfaction surveys in the CRM database.
- Assists (where necessary) in the execution of fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Has demonstrated experience, in a customer service, donor relations, or call centre role?
- Has fluency in both English and French (spoken & written)? (considered an asset)
- Who has experience working with a fundraising database? (considered an asset)
- Has experience in a not-for-profit setting? (considered an asset)
- Has the ability to meet the highest level of customer satisfaction through attention to detail and intuitive engagement of those we serve?
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment?
- Has strong problem-solving ability to effectively provide donors with personalized solutions?
- Has outstanding telephone manner, with excellent verbal and written communication skills?
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment always?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Yana Mendizabal at Yana.Mendizabal@mssociety.ca by June 22, 2021. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check. This position is also a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of a credit check in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.