Coordinator, Web Communications
(Permanent, 35 hours a week)
- Contact: Patrick Stewart
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is looking for a Coordinator, Web Communications located anywhere in Canada on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We also offer a RRSP matching program. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
The Coordinator, Web Communications provides nationwide support and technical expertise for the on-going maintenance of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada’s websites, supplementary sites (ex. mswalks.ca, msbike.ca, wechallengems.ca) and email marketing schedules via the web support desk to support connection with the MS Society community.
Key Areas of Impact:
- Develops and executes site and page content for mssociety.ca (via organization CMS) and supplementary sites (via the organization online fundraising system).
- Develops and builds the email marketing content for all organization campaigns that use email marketing automation.
- Works with internal and external MS community members to implement new web and e-mail technology.
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Has 1-3 years experience in technology related to marketing and communications or a relevant discipline of which one year is experience in web content management or email marketing management, or the equivalent education and experience?
- Can Design, define, construct, enhance and maintain application software on one or more platform?
- Delivers technical support for software applications to users, diagnosing and resolving application issues?
- Engages with digital technologies to accomplish goals and solve challenges in the workplace?
- Identifies problems and provides solutions?
- Thinks beyond the confines of traditional ways of doing things to recognize opportunities and find new and better approaches?
- Encourages experimentation and accepts failure as a driver of innovation?
- Works well with MS community members in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals?
- Values and encourages diverse perspectives to achieve impact?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Patrick Stewart at email@example.com by May 23, 2022. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the MS community, the MS Society is requiring employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption. Upon hire, we would need proof of vaccination or an approved exemption.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.