Fund Development Coodinator
(Full-time, 35 hours a week)
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, T2C 3G3
- Contact: Erin Wills
Canada has one of the highest rates of multiple sclerosis in the world, making MS Canada’s disease. The MS Society of Canada is the country’s leading MS advocate, funding leading research in MS and programs & services that help people live well with the disease.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for administration and implementation of the Chapter’s fund development activities, including the Johnson MS Bike, the Jayman BUILT MS Walk, MS Golf Calgary, MS Whisky Festival and other events as required. The Coordinator works collaboratively with Corporate and Community Development, Volunteers, Communications, and Alberta Division staff as well as the Bike and Walk volunteer committees.
This is a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to
complete the screening process including completion of
appropriate background checks in compliance with the National
Screening Measures Policy.
- The primary focus of this Coordinator is assisting the Development Manager in organizing logistics for the Jayman BUILT MS Walk, MS Golf Calgary and MS Whisky Festival
- Processes registrations from participants and ensures each person receives appropriate event information
- Receives telephone and email inquiries and responds to questions about the walk and bike tour in a timely manner, assists walk-in participants
- Organizes, orders and distributes walk and golf prizes
- Maintains the participant database system; accurately inputs and updates participant information, prepares participant emails and mail distribution lists
- Monitors the Online Fundraising system; provides assistance and training to participants using the online fundraising system
- Fills requests for event materials, such as brochures, newsletters, posters, and t-shirts
- Coordinates brochure distribution
- Organizes lists and supplies needed for walk and golf
- Records and distributes walk and golf committee meeting minutes
- Responds to participant special requests with the assistance of the Development Manager
- Assists in increasing fundraising dollars: promotes team registrations, etc.
- Actively participates in the set up and event output of walk, bike, golf and whisky events
- Assists with and attends event-related functions (i.e. Dinner of Champions, corporate breakfast, team events, team captain pub nights, Volunteer Orientation)
- Assists Corporate and Community Development and Volunteers staff
- Acts as an integral member of the Fund Development team, taking part in meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Takes an active part in staff meetings and general events for clients and staff that are organized by office staff
- Acts as staff support for all major fundraising events and other MS Society activities as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Manager
- University Degree or Community College Diploma with at least 1-2 years of experience in fundraising, special event planning and project management or the equivalent education and experience
- Strong customer service skills and stewardship experience is required
- Experience in maintaining and updating company social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience working with event volunteer committees, within a non-profit fundraising environment would be an asset
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, displaying an ability to prioritize and multi-task items with conflicting deadlines at various stages of completion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, sensitive to issues of disability and diversity
- Works well and builds successful working relationships with internal and external partners
- Must be prompt, presentable, self-reliant, detail-oriented and well-spoken with excellent telephone manners
- Excellent computer skills; experience on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook Email and Convio (fundraising database)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to take initiative and practice good decision-making
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure professional environment
- Confident, dynamic, and a results-oriented professional who can exercise strong judgment when balancing multiple priorities with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and respond to a diverse workload
- Extended hours and weekend work are required from time to time
- Some travel may be required to attend meetings and/or events
- Some heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs, may be required from time to time
- Willingness to work at special events
We are working on a world free of MS, where improving people’s quality of life is a part of our everyday life. If you too are passionate about our mission, we invite your expression of interest and resume submission to:
Calgary and Area Chapter
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Application deadline: This position will remain open until the appropriate candidate has been identified.
Please note: Applicants must state salary expectations in order to be considered.
The MS Society has a bold vision for the future. We have a team of dedicated professionals who share a common goal to end MS and to improve the lives of those affected by MS. We strive to be an employer of choice and provide a working environment that values diversity, team work, and professional development.
The MS Society of Canada embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required. More information about the MS Society is available at www.mssociety.ca.