Manager, Planning and Performance
(Permanent, 35 hours a week)
- Contact: Human Resources
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is looking for a Manager, Planning and Performance located anywhere in Canada on a full-time permanent basis working 35 hours per week.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We also offer a RRSP matching program. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
The Manager, Planning and Performance plays a key role in enhancing the organization’s mission through strategic and operational planning, performance management and corporate reporting.
Key Areas of Impact:
- Leads the enterprise planning process on an annual basis and monitors, tracks, and reports on progress throughout the year.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Leads the development of the annual impact report creation.
- Supports the planning of Executive Team and Senior Leadership Team meetings.
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Works well with MS community members in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals. Valuing and encouraging diverse perspectives to achieve impact?
- Contributes to an environment in which everyone feels valued, a sense of belonging and empowered to participate freely?
- Thinks beyond the confines of traditional ways of doing things to recognize opportunities and find new and better approaches?
- Keeps internal and external MS community members top of mind while providing an exceptional experience?
- Analyzes and synthesizes information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making?
- Uses data to gain insights, solve problems and inform decisions?
- Locates and collects data from appropriate sources and analyzes it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information?
- Understands and aligns actions with the organization's goals, core functions, needs and values?
- Collects and analyzes internal and external data to achieve the organization's value proposition and maximize impact while minimizing risk?
- Invests time in up-front planning to achieve organizational goals and objectives while meeting quality standards, following the appropriate processes and demonstrating continuous commitment?
- Has three to five years’ experience in strategic and operational planning and performance measurement?
- Has a project management certificate (considered an asset)?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 4, 2022. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the MS community, the MS Society is requiring employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption. Upon hire, we would need proof of vaccination or an approved exemption.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.