Manager, Volunteer Experience
(, 35 hours a week)
- Contact: Kathleen Walsh
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is looking for a Manager, Volunteer Experience on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week in Western Canada (Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan).
The Volunteer Experience (VE) team is responsible for ensuring relevant, engaging, integrated and meaningful opportunities for volunteers as they make an impact at the MS Society. The team develops overarching volunteer programs and establishes and implements tools and resources to support and enhance the volunteer experience in our Community. Working as part of the VE team and partner to the Community Fundraising team, the Manager, Volunteer Experience is accountable for informing operational priorities, plans and initiatives to increase effectiveness, consistencies, and the engagement of new and existing Community Fundraising volunteers. The Manager, Volunteer Experience will also be responsible for leading the training and development program for all volunteers across the MS Society.
This role is ideal for someone who has solid experience in building effective volunteer partnerships and supporting event delivery. The Manager, Volunteer Experience drives our vision, mission and values by working with staff and volunteers across the organization to ensure the MS Society offers a consistently strong experience to our volunteers. Our team achieves results by being innovative, driven, collaborative and trustworthy.
This role is both hands-on and strategic and provides expertise in all areas of the volunteer life cycle. We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Who we are
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1,500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We also offer a RRSP matching program. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well. Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
- Be a leader and credible advocate to advance volunteer partnerships with the Community Fundraising team; exert influence to support and enhance the volunteer experience
- Provide strategic leadership for the MS Society of Canada’s Community Fundraising volunteers, including MS Walk, MS Bike and We Challenge MS, with the objective of maximizing opportunity for volunteer integration
- Deliver both strategic and tactical VE support for event volunteers, including recruitment, retention, stewardship, and recognition
- Work closely with the VE team and lead the development of integrated training and development plans for all volunteers at the MS Society
- Ensure outcome-focused process, practices and procedures related to training and development
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the volunteer experience and partner to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions
- Partner with the organization to build engaged, diverse, inclusive and accessible volunteer program
- Support and attend MS Society events in your community
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Has a college diploma with at least 3 years’ experience in a volunteer and or community engagement or equivalent combination of education and experience? (certificate in volunteer engage/management is an asset)
- Has the ability to communicate in both English and French (verbal and written)? (French considered an asset, but not required)
- Drives innovation and willing think outside the confines of traditional ways of doing things?
- Has an ability to lead and coach others to achieve common goals?
- Has demonstrated skills in building volunteer strategies as well as analyzing data and trends?
- Has excellent training and facilitation skills and experience delivering training sessions for volunteers?
- Has excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to exercise sound judgement?
- Can effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 6, 2021. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check. This position is also a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of a credit check in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca