Senior Coordinator, Corporate Services
(12 months, 35 hours a week)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, M5T2Z5
- Contact: Human Resources
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is expanding, and we are looking for a Senior Coordinator, Corporate Services located in Toronto on a contract basis working 35 hours per week.
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Who we are
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Acts as the conduit for all lines of insurance coverage and certificates of insurance for events across the country
- Manages the Society’s real estate portfolio providing recommendations for renewals, etc. to VP CS and strategic direction to the Operations team
- Administrative support for the Vice President, Corporate Services, AVP Finance
- Co-ordinates finance, audit and investment committees including scheduling, volunteer assistance, and minute taking
- Coordinates and determines with the insurance broker the annual application process for renewals
- Participates in the discussion to determine whether to remain with status quo for insurance providers or test the market
- Completes applications for all lines of coverage for review and sign off by the VP, Corporate Services
- Prepares certificates of insurance requests for all events across the country and sends to the insurance broker/insurer for approval
- Liaises with broker for additional coverage for specific events that fall outside the scope of our normal insurance coverage
- Advises divisions and chapters of the limitations of our insurance coverage and that sometimes coverage is not available
- Coordinates the completion of an incident report when accidents occur and liaises with insurance broker on claims and follow up as required
- Manages leases, tenants and subtenants
- Provides strategic direction and support to the Operations team regarding leases, subleases, etc.
- Maintains information in the Society’s lease management system; produces monthly rent roll report for finance
- Works with the VP, Corporate Services to manage space planning needs of the MS Society, including coordinating the needs of new staff
- Liaises with contractors/furniture companies for space management/relocations etc.
Administrative Assistance and Administration
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President, Corporate Services including calendar management, travel, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Has a minimum college diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience in a service organization, preferably in a not-for-profit or charity environment?
- Has experience working with volunteers in a not-for-profit or charitable organization?
- Has excellent organizational skills, being detail and deadline oriented?
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with superb interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional manner to internal and external customers?
- Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, displaying excellent project and time management skills?
- Has an aptitude for numbers and ability to consistently deliver accurate results?
- Has the ability to take initiative, problem solve, and exhibit good decision-making skills?
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times?
- Has strong computer skills with specific experience with Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook, as well as a strong computer aptitude?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 28, 2021. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check. This position is also a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of a credit check in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.