Say hello to Prince George Chapter
Burnaby, British Columbia Office
About this Chapter
The Prince George Chapter of the MS Society of Canada is proud of serving the community of Prince George and surrounding area. During this time, we have delivered services to many people living with multiple sclerosis in our local community, as well as their families and loved ones who are also affected by this disease.
At this time, I would like to inform you of the closure of our office space in Prince George at 490 Quebec Street. This change is being made to more effectively utilize space and decrease expenses. This change will also ensure that we are more effectively directing funds to where they are needed most in serving those living in Prince George and northern BC. As a result, our physical office will no longer house staff effective immediately.
In order to provide consistent service to all people living with MS in our province, the Prince George Chapter is transitioning to a new arrangement - modeled after successful operations in other areas of the province. This will allow us to improve our flexibility and availability to support people affected by MS throughout the northern region while significantly decreasing expenses. During this transition period, our programs and services staff, Lonnie Facchina will serve you from our office in Burnaby and can be reached at 1-800-268-7582 local 7259 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. MS information and resources continue to be available on our website, www.mssociety.ca.
Prince George is known for hosting a successful Scotiabank MS Walk, and you will continue to see that event in your community. This year the MS Walk will be on June 5th. We are proud of the community’s support of our fundraising events. Thanks to our event participants and donors in Prince George, those events have had significant impact on those living with MS in the community.
The MS Society of Canada thanks you for your patience and support during this time of transition. If you wish to speak with someone regarding this transition, please feel free to contact Tania Vrionis, at 1-800-268-7582 or Tania.Vrionis@mssociety.ca.
President, British Columbia & Yukon Division,
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Incoming Chair, Board of Directors,
British Columbia & Yukon Division,
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada,
Proud resident of Prince George
- New $8.4 million Sask. MS research chair announced at U of SA new $8.4 million University of Saskatchewan Chair in Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Research will lead a drive toward a cure for multiple sclerosis...
- Ten Years of Service to People Affected by MSWe say farewell to a strong advocate for people living with MS after a decade of service with the MS Society of Canada. President & CEO Yves Savoie...
- G&F Financial Donates $10,000 to MS Knowledge NetworkG&F Financial Group has donated $10,000 to the new MS Knowledge Network, through the G&F Financial Group Foundation. The MS Knowledge Network will...
- Two of three MS national wellness research grants awarded to U of SFor Immediate Release -- NOVEMBER 10, 2016, 8:30 a.m. Saskatoon, SK. Through a new grant competition from the MS Society of Canada and its affiliated...
- $18 Million Awarded to Three Projects In Global Effort to End Progressive Multiple SclerosisInternational Progressive MS Alliance leading global collaboration to find solutions and treatments for progressive MS September 15, 2016, LONDON,