Airdrie Self-Help Group
- Relevant Offices: Calgary and Area Chapter
- Location: Bethany Care Centre
- Address: 1736 1 Avenue NW, Airdrie, Alberta, T4B 2C4
- Approximately 3134 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: Calgary & Area Chapter, 1‑403‑250‑7090
- September 19, 2018 at 9:00PM EDT
- October 17, 2018 at 9:00PM EDT
- November 21, 2018 at 9:00PM EST
The Airdrie self-help group takes place on the 3rd
Wednesday of the month from 7:00p - 8:00pm. Please call
403-250-7090 for more information and to register.
It may be difficult at times to talk about MS related symptoms with family and friends who may not grasp what it is like – but it can be very helpful talking to other people who share, or have shared, similar experiences. Groups offered by the MS Society are a safe place to freely and confidentially share and express oneself about any topic they find relevant without any judgement.
Persons who attend support and self groups report that they:
- Enjoy the opportunity to meet and discuss issues relevant to their situation with others who have similar experiences
- Increase their knowledge about multiple sclerosis, symptom management and overall wellness
- Reduce feelings of isolation
- Learn how to access resources in the community; and
- Improve their confidence in their ability to cope successfully with MS.