Current and Emerging Therapies Windsor
- Location: Central Windsor Public Library
- Address: 850 Ouellette Avenue, Fred Israel Room, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 4M9
- Contact Info: Angela Covert, 1‑800‑268‑7582 Ext. 3034
June 9, 2018 at 10:00AM EDT
CURRENT AND EMERGING THERAPIES
Current and Emerging Therapies will explore new research, current and emerging treatments, as well as information that can assist with symptom management, wellness strategies and accessing resources.
Saturday, June 9
Central Windsor Public Library - Fred Israel Room
850 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 4M9
10:00 am to 3:30 pm
AM: Dr. Warren Berger
Dr. Berger is currently in his final year of MS fellowship at the University of Western Ontario. He studied physics and engineering before graduating from medical school at the University of Toronto in 2012. He completed his neurology at the University of Western Ontario in 2017. During residency he was the author of numerous publications, including several studies examining MS and gait, and wrote a neuroanatomy textbook, Case Closed! Neuroanatomy.
Overview of presentation:
1) Briefly review the New MS Diagnostic Criteria and New NMO Diagnostic Criteria and Anti MOG antibody
2) Discuss the two newest medications for MS - Ocrevus and Mavenclad
3) Discuss Ocrevus as the only approved treatment for PPMS
4) Very briefly discuss the SOLAR study with Vitamin D, and Experimental agents for Secondary Progressive MS.
PM: Medical Cannabis and MS
Mohammed A. Munim M.D.
Mohammed A. Munim, MD,developed a passion for medicine and pursued his medical education from St. Kitts in the Caribbean, graduating in 2015. Upon completion of his medical school his commitment for medicine led him to work with the Canadian Cannabis Clinics (CCC). Presently working as, a Regional Manager at the CCC, his duties have consisted of recruiting physicians, overseeing staff members and ensuring smooth clinical operations for clinics within the region of Southwestern and Northern Ontario.
Therapeutic use – current, ACMPR legislation • Dispensaries vs Licensed Producers - Pricing • Types of patients who could benefit from medical cannabis • Best and most effective ways to consume medical cannabis • Medical Cannabis – coverage • Canadian Cannabis Clinics • Case Studies • Additional information sources
Lunch included. Parking $1.50 per hour.
or contact Angela Covert at email@example.com or 1 800 268 7582 x 3034