Current and Emerging Therapies London
- Relevant Offices: Bruce Grey Chapter, Chatham-Kent Windsor-Essex Chapter, Cornwall & District Chapter, Durham Northumberland ChapterFrontenac, Lennox & Addington ChapterGrand Erie ChapterGrand River ChapterHamilton-Halton ChapterQuinte ChapterKapuskasing UnitLake Superior District ChapterLeeds Grenville ChapterNiagara Peninsula Chapter of HopeNipissing, Parry Sound & Temiskaming ChapterOttawa ChapterOxford County ChapterPeel-Dufferin ChapterPeterborough, Kawartha Lakes & Haliburton ChapterPrince Edward County UnitSimcoe Muskoka ChapterSouthwest chapterSudbury-Manitoulin ChapterTimmins ChapterToronto ChapterYork Region Chapter
- Location: Dearness Home
- Address: 710 Southdale Rd. E., London, Ontario, N6E 1R8
- Approximately 536 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: Angela Covert, 1‑800‑268‑7582 Ext. 3034
June 14, 2018 at 6:30PM EDT
CURRENT AND EMERGING THERAPIES
Current and Emerging Therapies will explore new research, current and emerging treatments, as well as information that can assist with symptom management, wellness strategies and accessing resources.
Thursday, June 14
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Dr. Warren Berger
Dr. Berger is currently in his final year of MS fellowship at the University of Western Ontario. He studied physics and engineering before graduating from medical school at the University of Toronto in 2012. He completed his neurology at the University of Western Ontario in 2017. During residency he was the author of numerous publications, including several studies examining MS and gait, and wrote a neuroanatomy textbook, Case Closed! Neuroanatomy.
Overview of presentation:
1) Briefly review the New MS Diagnostic Criteria and New NMO Diagnostic Criteria and Anti MOG antibody
2) Discuss the two newest medications for MS - Ocrevus and Mavenclad
3) Discuss Ocrevus as the only approved treatment for PPMS
4) Very briefly discuss the SOLAR study with Vitamin D, and Experimental agents for Secondary Progressive MS.
Light refreshments provided.
or contact Angela Covert at email@example.com or 1 800 268 7582 x 3034