North Self-Help Group
- Relevant Offices: Calgary and Area Chapter
- Location: Vecova Recreation Centre
- Address: 3304 - 33 Street NW, 150, Calgary, Alberta, T2L 2A6
- Approximately 3136 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: Calgary & Area Chapter, 1‑403‑250‑7090
- October 23, 2018 at 9:00PM EDT
- November 27, 2018 at 9:00PM EST
The North self-help group takes place on the 4th Tuesday
of the month from 7:00p - 8:00pm. Please call 403-250-7090 for
more information and to register.
It may be difficult at times to talk about MS related symptoms with family and friends who may not grasp what it is like – but it can be very helpful talking to other people who share, or have shared, similar experiences. Groups offered by the MS Society are a safe place to freely and confidentially share and express oneself about any topic they find relevant without any judgement.
Persons who attend support and self groups report that they:
- Enjoy the opportunity to meet and discuss issues relevant to their situation with others who have similar experiences
- Increase their knowledge about multiple sclerosis, symptom management and overall wellness
- Reduce feelings of isolation
- Learn how to access resources in the community; and
- Improve their confidence in their ability to cope successfully with MS.