2017 MS Bike West Kootenay
- Location: Gerick Cycle & Ski
- Address: 702 Baker Street, Nelson, British Columbia, V1L 4J6
- Approximately 3334 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: Jillian Earl, 1‑800‑268‑7582 Ext. 7298
August 19, 2017 at 10:15AM EDT
MS Bike Cowichan Valley Experience and West Kootenay Challenge Air Quality Safety
In light of the recent BC forest fires, MS Society is sharing important information about safety protocols to all participants of MS Bike Cowichan Valley and West Kootenay Challenge. Please click the link to read our letter about the current plans in place to address issues related to air quality and its possible impacts on participants of these events.
Please check back on August 16th for an update regarding the status of each event.
MS Bike is the largest fundraising cycling series in North America and it’s the experience of a lifetime! Every year since 1989, cyclists of all ages and fitness levels across the country get together to end Canada’s disease: multiple sclerosis. Join us at this event full of excitement, challenge, community and we know you’ll leave with a sense of great accomplishment.
Challenge yourself. The West Kootenay ride places you in one of the top biking spots in Canada. If you want a real challenge, take on this ride with epic views and fabulous food!
This extraordinary two-day 222 km MS Bike tour loops around the Kokanee Glacier in the Selkirk Mountains, from New Denver to Slocan, to Kaslo, and back to New Denver with an overnight in Nelson. If you think you can’t ride the full distance, check out our Relay Option – all the fun, half the distance.
The ride begins Saturday at Greer Park, New Denver. We’ll provide the rest stops, food and entertainment while you experience and enjoy the majestic scenery along the way. On Sunday, wake up to breakfast and head out to explore more of the West Kootenays.
Whether you are competing to be the strongest team or fighting for a cause that’s close to home, we’ll be right with you for every challenge, every breakthrough and every triumph. Join the fight to improve the lives of Canadians affected by MS. The dollars you raise are invested in world-leading MS research that will bring us closer than ever to finding a cure for the disease. Together we can end MS!
- Take on the challenge of 222 km over 2 days
- Relay Option for half the distance but all the fun
- A minimum of $350.00 raised to participate
- Saturday celebration dinner
- Sunday lunch
- In New Denver, book accommodations with the Valhalla Inn for Aug. 18 (call 250-358-2228 and quote the “MS Bike Tour” to receive the $115 rate).
- In Nelson, book accommodations with the Adventure Hotel during the Aug. 18 – Aug. 20 weekend (call 250-352-7211 and quote the “MS Bike Tour” to receive the $129 rate).
- Fully supported with a marked and mapped route, emergency mechanical support and first aid