The Operating Grant Program is intended to support various research operations in all aspects of multiple sclerosis (MS) and defray the normal operating costs of carrying out a specific research proposal. The MS Society welcomes applications that are fundamental as well as applied studies, nonclinical or clinical in nature, including projects in patient management, care and rehabilitation.
Based on the nature of the research, the candidate can apply for one of the following awards:
- Biomedical Research Operating Grant
- Clinical and Population Health Research Operating Grant
Term and Amount
Term: The MSSC supports operating research grants for terms of one (1) to three (3) years.
Amount: The amount that may be requested for operating research grants is approximately $ 100,000 per year. Support beyond the term originally approved is dependent upon submission and approval of a new grant application which is subject to review.
- Have an academic or research appointment which allows the individual to pursue the proposed research project to engage in independent research activities.
- Conduct research within a Canadian institution.
- Engage in independent research activities for the entire duration of the funding and is able to supervise trainees and publish research activities
- Competition Opens: July 30, 2018
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018 at 16:00 EDT
- Anticipated Notice of Decision: March 2019
- Funding Start Date: April 1, 2019