Questions to Ask Your Healthcare Team
The following are some questions that you may want to discuss with your MS healthcare team. Write down additional questions on a separate page.
1. How will MS affect my life?
2. What are the physical and mental symptoms I could develop?
3. How will I know if my MS is getting worse?
4. What is the likelihood that I’ll end up with physical and/or mental disabilities?
5. Will MS affect my ability to have children, or to raise a family?
1. Will treatment be effective for my type of MS?
2. What are the possible benefits of treatment?
3. How will different treatments affect my lifestyle?
4. What side-effects may occur? What is the likelihood that I’ll experience these side-effects?
5. What can I do if these side-effects occur?
6. Is special monitoring needed once I start the medication? How often? Who pays for these tests?
7. How will I know if the medication is working? If it is working, should I continue with my current treatment or switch to something that may be better?
8. What do I do if I forget to take a dose?
9. What if the medication doesn’t work? How will that affect my treatment options later on?
10. Whom do I contact if I run into problems with my medication?