MS Society of Canada BC & Yukon Division Recognizes 2018 Volunteer Engagement Award Winners
On November 3rd , seven extraordinary individuals were presented with the 2018 Volunteer Engagement Awards at the inaugural MS Connect ’18 conference at the Sheraton Guildford Vancouver Hotel. The award winners were selected from a nomination process which allowed for the public to nominate a volunteer for one of the six award categories that were provided.
Congratulations to the award winners who showcased inspiring efforts in volunteering, public awareness and community leadership. They have made a significant impact to the MS community. The award winners are as follows:
- Volunteer Impact in Programs and Services – David Christian, Vancouver
- Volunteer Impact in Fund Development – Patricia Wilson, Surrey
- Volunteer Impact in Advocacy and Awareness – Michelle Hewitt, Kelowna
- Volunteer Impact in Community Engagement – Sandra Stibrany, Prince George
- MS Caregiver/Carepartner – Tom Lazar, Burnaby
- MS Champion – Sherri Mytopher, Fort St. John and Joanne Craven, Abbotsford (tie)
From L-R back row: Sandra Stibrany, Sherri Mytopher, Kanata (Michelle Hewitt's granddaughter), Patricia Wilson, Tom Lazar and Joanne Craven
We thank all of our volunteers as they help further our mission to be leaders in finding a cure for multiple sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life.