Administrative, Office, and Project Volunteers - BC & Yukon Division
We are looking for keen volunteers to fill the following positions:
Volunteer Fundraising Assistant
Purpose: To provide support to the Fundraising team for various events throughout the year.
- Provide administrative support including; developing written material, signage, mail merges, data entry, filing, collating materials
- Organize supplies and represent the MS Society at trade shows and fundraising events
- Secure in-kind donations of food and prizing for fundraising events
- Support event participants, providing exceptional customer service
- Organize and pack supplies and equipment prior to fundraising event days
- Attend fundraising events providing event day support
- Other duties as assigned by the fundraising team
Volunteer Development Coordinator Assistant
The Volunteer Development Coordinator is a dynamic relationship builder and communicator with a strong sales background responsible for initiating and developing leads within the business community to secure corporate funding for the MS Society’s mission.
- Initiate new partnership opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up and new lead generation.
- Researches sources for developing new prospects and to determine potential and fit with the MS Society.
- Leverage existing partners to develop new corporate leads.
- Coordinates sales activities between Corporate Relations Specialist and Events Program staff.
- Secure in-kind donations and prizing for fundraising events.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
Volunteer Resources Assistant
Purpose: To provide volunteer coordination and administrative support to the Coordinator, Volunteer Resources, for various events throughout the year.
- Assist Coordinator, Volunteer Resources, in achieving & exceeding event volunteer recruitment goals.
- Assist with recruiting, scheduling and training event volunteers.
- Provide administrative support including: formatting written material, mail merges, data entry.
- Perform general office duties including: operating fax and photocopy machines, filing.Assist with training sessions including preparation, registration, and follow up communications.
- Organize supplies and equipment prior to event day(s).
- Onsite event days to assist in providing direction and training to event volunteers
Complete the online application form and send your resume to Heidi Jakop at Heidi.Jakop@mssociety.ca. Include in the body of your email the position you are interested in. An interview, reference checks, and background check are required for client service volunteer positions. Apply now.