Become an MS Society Community Advisory Council Member
You can help build strong programs and services for persons living with MS!
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Westman Chapter is currently accepting applications for the Westman Community Advisory Council. We are seeking applications from community-minded people with a sincere interest in the well-being of persons living with MS and their caregivers, and who want to make a positive difference in their lives. Council members serve on a voluntary basis and:
- Work together to promote the work of the MS Society in the community.
- Serve in an advisory role to the Westman Chapter in matters specific to Programs and Services such as –but not limited to- support groups, group activities, and wellness programming
- Assist in identifying community service needs and provide input to the chapter during the development of regional and division priorities and goals.
- Provide input to the chapter during the development of annual spending priorities and budget.
Interested applicants should demonstrate a suitable combination of the following:
- Volunteer, professional or personal experience with services provided to persons living with MS
- An understanding of the trends and needs impacting persons living with MS in their community
- Active involvement in community activities
- An understanding of the general principles of an advisory role
- Positive and constructive
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledgeable about MS and the Society
Potential candidates will commit to the following:
- Two year term
- Four meetings per year plus an orientation
- Become a member of the MS Society
Selection of the committee will be made by a delegated group from the chapter and approved by the division board. Criteria for bringing new members onto the CAC may include but are not limited to:
- Regional representation
- Skills balance (business, finance, health-related, advocacy, etc.)
- Representing the interests of local cultures/groups
- Gender balance
How to Apply
Click here to download the Community Advisory Committee Application Form, or contact Laura Flikweert, Chapter Manager at (204) 571-5671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications deadline is April 25, 2016.