Volunteer Walk Committee Chair
Walk Committee Chair Volunteer Position Description
The Committee Chair Volunteer is responsible for leading and motivating a volunteer committee which in turn, is responsible for the successful staging of the Scotiabank MS Walk event on May 15, 2016 in your community.
- Plan and lead all organizing committee meetings.
- Responsible for the overall success and local organization of the Scotiabank MS Walk being held in their community.
- Acts as the point person for the assigned community walk.
- Networks and recruits organizing committee members to fill vacancies.
- Delegates duties to committee members.
- Coaches and supports committee members in their roles. Ensures assigned projects are completed successfully.
- Oversees the organization of the event from start to finish.
- Attend a mandatory training/orientation in January.
- At the conclusion of the event, hold wrap-up meeting for committee to assess event strengths and opportunities.
- Actively liaises with Staff Liaison/Walk Coordinator.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and cover letter the email@example.com, referencing the position title in the subject line.