Volunteer with the 1:1 MS Peer Support Program
The MS Peer Support Program invites applications from interested volunteers living with MS. We are looking for individuals who are at a place in their own experience where they feel they can effectively support others. Please note that given potential interest and the need to ensure diversity in the volunteer pool, not all applications will result in acceptance to the program at this time.
We are looking for volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older and diagnosed with MS (or an allied disease) for a minimum of two years;
- Be at a point in your journey where you can provide support to others;
- Sign volunteer and confidentiality agreements;
- Submit documents for a criminal records check (CRC) before starting as a volunteer (must be renewed every three years). The MS Society will process the check at no cost to the volunteer;
- Be available to participate in online volunteer training;
- Agree to a one year minimum commitment to the program from the time you have completed training and screening.
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com or 1-800-268-7582 x3149.