Volunteer with the 1:1 Peer Support Program
The 1:1 Peer Support Program invites applications from interested volunteers who are living with MS, or are caregivers and loved ones of people with MS. We are looking for individuals who are at a place in their own experience where they feel they can effectively support others. Please note that given potential interest and the need to ensure diversity in the volunteer pool, not all applications will result in acceptance to the program at this time.
We are looking for volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 years or older;
- Are either:
- Diagnosed with MS (or an allied disease) for a minimum of two years OR
- A caregiver (family or friend) for someone living with MS (or an allied disease) for a minimum for two years;
- Are at a point in your journey where you can provide support to others;
- Sign volunteer and confidentiality agreements;
- Submit documents for a criminal records check (CRC) before starting as a volunteer (must be renewed every three years). The MS Society will process the check at no cost to the volunteer;
- Are available to participate in online volunteer training;
- Agree to a one-year minimum commitment to the program from the time you have completed training and screening.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-268-7582 x3149.