Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
- Address: 900 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario, M7A1N3
- Approximately 538 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1‑886‑821‑7770
Provides help to parents to assist with some of the extra costs of caring for a child who has a disability. The purpose of the benefit is to help children who have disabilities live as normal a life as possible at home and in the community.
Financial assistance ranges from $25 to $470 per month depending on the family's gross annual income and the number of other children in the family. A child is eligible for a dental card and the program may help parents with extraordinary costs related to a child's condition. Examples include; travel to doctors and hospitals, special shoes and clothing, parental relief, wheelchair repairs, hearing aid batteries, and financial assistance for basic dental care, drugs, eyeglasses, and hearing aids.
- The child must be under 18 years of age and live at home with a parent or a legal guardian
- The income of a family will be evaluated to determine qualification
- The child must have a severe disability that results in a functional loss. Extraordinary costs must be present which are incurred directly as a result of the disability.
For more information:
Phone: 1-866-821-7770 (Toll-free) or 1-800-387-5559 (TTY)
Visit the website here
Find your local MCYS office here