Medical Expense and Attendant Care Expense Deduction
- Contact Info: 1‑800‑959‑8281
Applies to individuals who have sustained significant medical expenses for themselves or certain dependants.
- Claim allowable medical expenses paid in any 12- month period
- Claim all amounts paid, even if they were not paid in Canada
- Cannot claim any expense for which they have been or can be reimbursed
- For information about how to claim medical expenses, see the General Income Tax and Benefit Guide and the and territorial pages of the forms book.
- If medical treatment is not available locally, a person may be able to claim the cost of travelling to get the treatment somewhere else
For more information:
Phone: 1-800-959-8281 (Toll-free) or 1-800-665-0354 (TTY)
Visit the website here