- Contact Info: 1‑800‑563‑2642
CNIB is a national voluntary agency providing services to individuals across Canada to whom loss of vision is a central problem in personal and social adjustments.
- Library Services - Free library and information services; CNIB Library collection includes Braille books, talking books, and a wide array of electronic and digital materials.
- Career Development and Employment - Enhance the job readiness and support the integration of persons who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind into the Canadian workforce
- Emotional and Wellness support -available to individuals and family members to provide support and consultation to cope with the emotional aspects associated with vision loss
- Independent Living Services - Rehabilitation teachers provide instruction in daily living activities that promote independence
- Independent Travel Instruction - Involves working one-to-one to develop independent travel skills and white cane techniques that suit each client's needs
- Low Vision Services - Specially trained Vision Rehabilitations Workers (VRWs) teach visually impaired clients to effectively use their remaining vision
For more information:
Visit the website here
Find your local office here