Equipment Provision Program - Quality of Life Grants - BC &Yukon
- Relevant Offices: Coastal Regional Chapter, Interior Regional Chapter, Northern Regional Chapter, Whitehorse
- Address: 1103-4720 Kingsway, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5H 4N2
- Approximately 3746 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: email@example.com, 1‑800‑268‑7582
Support to secure adaptive equipment is offered by the MS Society to those with MS who have limited financial resources and no other agency or source available to them which could provide assistance.
We can assist by providing equipment or financial assistance to acquire a new piece of equipment or pay for repairs on current equipment (based on financial need).
Equipment provisions include:
- Mobility Aids: manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, walkers, scooters
- Personal Care: shower chairs, bath lifts, bath transfer board, grab bars, safety rails
- Home Care: patient lifts, lift chairs, hospital beds, mattresses, air conditioners
To qualify for assistance you must:
- Have a diagnosis of MS
- Be a resident of BC or Yukon Territory
- Have a medical recommendation supporting the equipment need
- Have limited or no other program eligibility
- Fall within the Low Income Cut Offs (LICO) as determined by Statistics Canada
How do I apply?
You must fill in two forms below to apply. These are not fillable PDFs. You must download them, print them out, and fill them in by hand. Send them back to us by fax, mail or by scanning and emailing them.
- Applicant must fill in this form and submit to the EPP coordinator. GET APPLICATION FORM
- Applicant's occupational therapist or physical therapist or other health professional must fill in this form and submit to the EPP Coordinator. GET OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST FORM
Have questions about EPP?
Please contact the program coordinator.
Phone: 604-689-3144 or 1-800-268-7582 or 1-866-991-0577 (Yukon only).
How long does it take to hear back?
Completed applications are reviewed within approximately 2 weeks. When parts are required to be placed on order, the process can commonly take an additional 2 weeks.
Do you have ________ equipment in stock?
Our equipment pool inventory is constantly changing as new donations come in and selected equipment is sent out to clients. Please review our list of equipment provisions above to see if your requested equipment type is covered by our program. Since approved clients may have funding allocated towards purchases of new equipment, it is not necessary to call and check if your requested equipment is currently available in stock.
What equipment is not funded through the EPP?
Items not funded by the EPP include:
- Home Modifications/Renovations – level access showers, stair railings
- Custom built ramps that are solutions to accessing the house
- Stair lifts
- CPAP machines
- Cooling vests and other clothing
- Braces or Orthotics for conditions not related to MS
- Vehicle Adaptations of any kind
- Standard Home Mattresses
- Short-Term rentals of any kind
- Incontinence supplies
- Personal emergency monitors
- Exercise equipment
Other organizations providing funding or equipment include Home Adaptations for Independence, BC Rehab Foundation, the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation, and the Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program (for short term loans).
The MS Society acknowledges the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia