MS youth camp
- Relevant Offices: Eastern Townships, Gatineau, Quebec Office, Laval Chapter, Montérégie ChapterOutaouais ChapterRégion-de-Quebec ChapterSection Bas-Saint-LaurentSection Centre-du-QuébecSection Est de MontréalLac-St-Jean ChapterSection LanaudiereSection LaurentidesSection MauricieSection MontréalWest Island
(The camp is in French only)
Your health and the health of our MS Community is our top priority. The MS Society has been closely monitoring information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) as released by the Public Health Agency of Canada and other local and regional public health authorities. We will communicate to you through this website and email when there is an update. Please visit our website for information on COVID-19 and MS.
The MS Youth Camps are for young people aged 7 to 17 who have a parent with multiple sclerosis. Two youth camps will be held this summer.
Sixty children and teens will be able to attend:
- Thirty children aged 7 to 11* at Camp Richelieu Saint-Côme , in Saint-Côme, in the Lanaudière region, from June 23 to 29, 2019.
- Thirty tweens and teens aged 11 to 17* at Camp Edphy International, in Val-Morin, in the Laurentians, from August 4 to 10, 2019.
*Ages may vary.
- Enable participants to have a good time and enjoy themselves.
- Give young people who are living in similar situations a chance to meet and share their experiences.
- Help participants better understand MS while having fun, thanks to a variety of games and activities.
- Give the participants’ parents a respite.
Programming and activities
75% outdoor activities
- Canoeing, kayaking, swimming
- Hebertism, climbing
- Archery, team sports
- Campfires, camping
- Other surprise activities
25% MS-related activities
- Discussions of MS
- Games related to emotions and communication
- Simulation of symptoms
- Relay races
- MS quiz
- Comic strip
- Wilderness survival
Three camp counsellors and three MS counsellors will be on site
to supervise the kids throughout their stay.
Quality and safety
Camp Richelieu Saint-Côme and Camp Edphy International are certified by the Association des camps certifiés du Québec. Both have existed for 50 years, and they provide outdoor activities in compliance with the safety standards in force, supervised by dynamic, experienced teams of leaders.
MS Youth Camps are offered free of charge.
- Have a parent with multiple sclerosis
- Be between 7 and 17 years old at the time of the camp
Young people who wish to attend the camp must write a short text or make a drawing explaining their motivation. Applications will be accepted from March 1st to April 30th inclusively.
Only the parents of the candidates who are accepted will be informed by telephone by May 15, 2019.
Contact Carole Corson, at
the Quebec Division, at 514 849-7591 or 1 800 268-7582, ext.
Follow MS Youth Camps on Facebook.