MS youth camp
- Relevant Offices: Eastern Townships, Gatineau, Quebec Office, Laval Chapter, Outaouais ChapterRégion-de-QuébecSection Abitibi-TémiscamingueSection Centre-du-QuébecSection Côte-NordSection Est de MontréalSection Lac-St-JeanSection LanaudiereSection LaurentidesSection MauricieSection MontérégieSection MontréalWest Island
(The camp is in French only)
The MS Youth Camps are for young people aged 7 to 17 who have a parent with multiple sclerosis. Two youth camps will be held this summer.
Sixty children and teens will be able to attend:
- Thirty children aged 7 to 11* at Camp Richelieu Saint-Côme , in Saint-Côme, in the Lanaudière region, from June 25 to July 1 th, 2017.
- Thirty tweens and teens aged 11 to 17* at Camp Edphy International, in Val-Morin, in the Laurentians, from August 6 to 13, 2017.
*Ages may vary.
- Enable participants to have a good time and enjoy themselves.
- Give young people who are living in similar situations a chance to meet and share their experiences.
- Help participants better understand MS while having fun, thanks to a variety of games and activities.
- Give the participants’ parents a respite.
Programming and activities
75% outdoor activities
- Canoeing, kayaking, swimming
- Hebertism, climbing
- Archery, team sports
- Campfires, camping
- Other surprise activities
25% MS-related activities
- Discussions of MS
- Games related to emotions and communication
- Simulation of symptoms
- Relay races
- MS quiz
- Comic strip
- Wilderness survival
Three camp counsellors and three MS counsellors will be on site
to supervise the kids throughout their stay.
Quality and safety
Camp Richelieu Saint-Côme and Camp Edphy International are certified by the Association des camps certifiés du Québec. Both have existed for more than 45 years, and they provide outdoor activities in compliance with the safety standards in force, supervised by dynamic, experienced teams of leaders.
MS Youth Camps are offered free of charge.
They are partially funded by the Fondation Club Richelieu Montréal et Sanofi Genzyme..
- Have a parent with multiple sclerosis
- Be between 7 and 17 years old at the time of the camp
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Quebec Division
550 Sherbrooke Street West
East Tower, Suite 1010
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1B9
Only the parents of the candidates who are accepted will be informed by telephone by May 15, 2017.
Thanks to our partners