Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada

Programs and Services

Child Care Subsidy

  • Caregivers and Families
  • Financial Assistance

The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using:

  • Licensed day care centres
  • Licensed group family child care
  • Approved family day homes
  • Licensed out-of-school care centres
  • Licensed pre-schools and
  • Approved early childhood development programs

Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.

You can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
  • You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.
  • Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.
  • You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
    You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.

For more information:

Phone: 1_877_644_9992 (Toll-free) or 780_644_9992 (Local)

Visit the website here

Disclaimer: The MS Society is an independent, voluntary health agency and does not approve, endorse or recommend any specific product or therapy but provides information to assist individuals in making their own decisions. For specific information and advice, please consult your personal physician. Read our full privacy policy.

Open navigation