Student Loan Repayment Assistance Plan
- Contact Info: 1‑888‑815‑4514
The Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP) and the Repayment Assistance Plan for Borrowers with a Permanent Disability (RAP-PD) makes it easier for you to manage your student loan debt by reducing your monthly payment.
- Your monthly student loan payments would either be reduced or you would not have to make any payments, depending on your financial situation. If you have a permanent disability, it could also depend on your permanent disability-related expenses, which include allowable uninsured medical expenses, special care and other expenses directly related to your permanent disability.
- Enrolment is not automatic and you must re-apply for this plan every six months.
To apply for repayment assistance:
- complete an online application through your National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) Online Services account (you must register for an online account first if you do not have one already); or
- download and complete a RAP application and mail or fax it to the NSLSC.
- If you are applying for RAP-PD and would like your disability-related expenses or exceptional expenses to be considered, you can complete and submit a RAP-PD Expense Form with your application.
Note: If your loans were issued to you by Prince Edward Island or Manitoba, you must apply directly to your province for repayment assistance for your loan. Contact your student financial assistance office to find out more.
For more information:
Visit the website here