Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada

Programs and Services

Caregiver Tax Credit (Caregiver Amount)

  • Caregivers and Families
  • Financial Assistance

You may be able to claim the caregiver amount if you (either alone or with another person) maintain a dwelling where you and one or more of your dependants live. Dependents must be 18 or older and dependent on you due to an impairment in physical or mental functions OR a parent or grandparent, born in 1949 or earlier.

For more information:

Phone: 1-800-959-8281 (Toll-free) or 1-800-665-0354 (TTY)

Visit the website here

Find a Tax Service Office near you here

Disclaimer: The MS Society is an independent, voluntary health agency and does not approve, endorse or recommend any specific product or therapy but provides information to assist individuals in making their own decisions. For specific information and advice, please consult your personal physician. Read our full privacy policy.

Open navigation