Federal Excise Gasoline Tax Refund Program
- Contact Info: 1‑800‑959‑8281
This is a Federal government program that refunds part of the Excise Tax paid on gasoline to people with a permanent mobility impairment who cannot safely use public transit as certified by a medical practitioner.
- The refund amount is 1.5 cents per litre or 0.15 cents per kilometer.
- All claims must be made no later than 2 years after the gasoline purchase date.
- Claim amounts smaller than $5 will not be refunded.
- Eligible claimants include registered charities as well as individuals with permanent mobility impairments who cannot safely use public transportation as determined by a qualified medical practitioner.
For more information:
Phone: 1-800-959-8281(Toll-free) or 1-800-665-0354 (TTY)
Visit the website here