OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance (OLHI)
- Address: 401 Bay Street, PO Box 7, Toronto, Ontario, M5H2Y4
- Approximately 536 km away from your current location.
- Contact Info: 1‑888‑295‑8112
The OmbudService is a , independent, bilingual, and free-to-use complaint resolution and information service. The OLHI advises that if you have taken out a life insurance policy prior to being diagnosed with MS, and are unable to work because of your MS, to call your life insurance agent as soon as possible, since:
- Some life insurance policies include a clause that states that if you should become totally disabled and unable to work, your life insurance premiums will be paid by the insurance company on your behalf until the age of 60 (or 65), or until you are able to return to work.
- Some policies have a guaranteed insurability option. If you initially applied for this option, you can increase the amount of coverage (up to the limit set at the time of application), regardless of your health.
- Check for conversion privileges for insurance beyond the term of your policy.
If you do not already have standard life insurance, it is unlikely that you will be able to buy coverage once diagnosed with a disability.
For more information:
Phone: 1-888-295-8112 (Toll-free) or 1-800-855-0511 (TTY)
Visit the website here