Support & Services
Whether you have been recently diagnosed with MS or have been living with the disease for some time, you will find information and resources in this section intended to help you manage both the daily and longer term challenges that MS may present. Multiple sclerosis is a complex disease, and in communities across Canada, our knowledgeable staff and volunteers are here for people living with MS and their loved ones. No one needs to face MS alone.
The MS Society of Canada provides support and services to people who are:
- Living with a diagnosis of MS or an MS allied disease
- Waiting for a diagnosis with respect to MS or an MS allied disease
- Close to a person with MS or an MS allied disease, such as family and friends
- Caregivers to a person with MS or an allied MS disease
- Healthcare professionals, employers, institutions and students
The MS Society offers a variety of programs and services to help people affected by multiple sclerosis effectively manage and cope with the disease. Please note that programs and services vary from province-to-province.
- Information and support
- Support and self-help groups
- Recreation, social and wellness programs
- Conferences, workshops and education programs
- Quality of life grants - equipment
- Government relations and advocacy